Paleo Sushi Rolls with Cauliflower Rice

whole30 paleo sushi platter
This recipe has moved! Visit Jaybird Blog for this paleo sushi recipe and many others.

About Humble Foodie

While we both love to eat well, life as AmeriCorps volunteers doesn’t afford us the budget to try every new restaurant and type of cuisine. With many post-graduate expenses and limited financial resources, what’s a foodie to do? The answer is here, at The Humble Foodie. Instead of spending our hard-earned cash paying other people to cook for us, we’re spending as frugally as possible making delicious meals at home.
This entry was posted in Alicia, Gluten-Free, Main Dish, Paleo/Primal and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Paleo Sushi Rolls with Cauliflower Rice

1. boobjuice says:

Yes!! I have been wanted to do something like this for a while. So glad you played guinea pig. They look beautiful. Color me inspired! (And I’m glad to know I’m in such good company in Whole30 land). :-)

• Alicia says:

I’m always happy to play guinea pig when there’s a feast to be had. How’s your Whole30 going? I hope the sushi is a wonderful treat!

• boobjuice says:

Watch out, or I’ll continue to let you guinea pig it up! Whole 30′s going pretty well, thanks. It’s that dang sugar (even in the form of fruit) that trips me up. Love that delicious poison! :-)

• Alicia says:

Ugh, I hear you! Sugar is my biggest weakness too. Kerry sent me an article with the most amazing mug recipes and half of them were chocolate-related…wahhh! But apart from this one week out of the month, my sugar cravings have gone way, way down which is great news.

2. This looks sooo good! Can’t wait to try it. Thanks!

3. Pingback: Past the Point of No Return |

4. Harry says:

How do you get the califlour rice to stick together like sushi rice

• Alicia says:

It won’t be quite as sticky as sushi rice (especially because the cauliflower “grains” are so much smaller than actual rice) but the vinegar helps it clump together together really well for the sushi.

5. Oh how delicious!! I wonder where I could get sushi grade salmon without taking out a loan? Lol! I wonder if smoked would be too rich… So feel like sushi right now!! Yum! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Alicia says:

Hey Jax! To be honest, most times we cheat and just buy 2-3 lb. salmon filets from Costco (a bulk shopping store here in the US)- but I know that not everyone is comfortable with that, so sashimi grade is recommended! :-)

6. Pingback: Sushi | Metlův Paleo/Primal food blog

7. Bud says:

Just made it. Turned out great! Certainly not as “sticky” as sticky rice – but way more healthy for sure. Really nothing bad for you in this roll! Used Tamari gluten-free soy sauce and honestly (I’m a sushi freak)….it was really, really good. I’ll say this – ground up cauliflower is messy!

8. Bud says:

My son will be home in a few minutes – he’s a sushi freak too…I’m going to try and sneak it in on him and see if he notices it’s not rice….I’ll post results!

Comments are closed.